Thursday, November 26, 2009

One Stroke For Beginners


For five years now I have devoted myself to sugar art, sometimes I feel that I eat, sleep and breath cakes!  I decided that I wanted to do something for myself, something that I'd always wanted to do and that was painting classes.
In the back of my mind I still had cakes, knowing that whatever I could do on a canvas I could do on a cake, but that was just a byproduct of the whole thing.
First I went to You Tube and looked at all the painting videos.  Donna Dewberry made it look so simple and I knew that this particular art from could be done on cakes, so for these two reasons I looked for a One Stroke Instructor.  On the official website there were lists of Certified Instructors and one, Mary Ann, who was quite close to where I lived.  My sister in law began driving out to Mary Ann's studio once a week for a lesson and that's how I got hooked on One Stroke.

0 comments: